MCARC Showjumping Day Rescue Relay Rules
1) Competitors compete in teams of 2
2) A set course is described. The team must complete 2 rounds.
3) The rider to start must go through the start flags to commence timing.
4) The rider to jump the last fence of the second round of the course must go through the finish flags to cease timing.
5) a) For levels 1, 2 and 3 –
i) The competitors may take over as they like in the competition but a change over is compulsory when the first competitor has completed his course or at the point where the fault was committed. If the fault is a rail down then the partner takes over from the next fence.
ii) The second rider (he who doesn’t start the 1st round) must commence the 2nd round whether a fault has been committed or not.
b) For levels 4 and 5 –
Due to the smaller area of the arena and in the interest of safety the organizing committee in conjunction with course designers/judges have decided to use a ‘base’ (an area outlined on the surface of the arena) in the ring along the following lines :
i) The first competitor commences their round and continues until a fault is committed.
ii) The next rider takes over from the point where the fault occurred. If the fault is a rail down then the partner takes over from the next fence.
iii) The second rider (he who doesn’t start the 1st round) must commence the 2nd round whether a fault has been committed or not.
iv) The second competitor starts at base and remains at base until the first competitor completes their round or a fault occurs. The competitor at base may not leave it until the previous competitor has come back in. The competitor at base may only leave the enclosure when the preceding competitor is completely back inside having completed his round or a fault occurring. A steward will be stationed at the base enclosure to ensure the above is complied with.
6) Scoring is such that 5 seconds are added on to the team’s time for any rail down. There are no penalties for refusals or runouts. The winner is the team who achieves the fastest time.